It has been rightly said 80% of the weight loss happens in the kitchen and 20% depends on the workout you do. No matter how much exercise you do, it will give you no weight-loss results if you do not watch what you eat. But starving yourself for weight loss doesn’t help either. In that case, you are depriving your body of important nutrients that can in fact have a negative impact on your health. Hence, choosing the right food for you is the key to healthy weight loss.
Your weight loss journey starts from your own kitchen. You can incorporate the following foods in your diet which will help you with weight loss:
- Egg – Never skip breakfast when you are trying to lose weight. Eggs are an ideal option to start your day since they possess appetite suppressing properties that will keep you full for a longer period. According to International Journal of Obesity , the people who eat two eggs in breakfast lose 65% more weight than people who eat a bagel with the same amount of calories.
- Apples – Apples are loaded with fiber that can keep you full for a longer period with just 100 calories. So it can be a very good snack option when you are trying to lose weight. Apples have a compound that helps in growing friendly bacteria in the gut, and it prevents overeating and suppresses the craving for junk food.
- Soups – If you are trying to lose weight, start your meal with a soup that will help your body digest easily curb appetite. A study showed that people consumed overall 20% less calories when they were served first with low calorie soup, followed by the main course.
- Beans – Beans are also another food option with high nutrition and fiber and fewer calories. They also keep you full for a longer period. Also, beans are full of proteins which also help in weight loss since proteins boost satiety i.e. you feel more satisfied after consuming a protein rich diet.
- Green Tea – Green tea is a natural and calorie free option that contains healthy antioxidants which boost metabolism. According to a study, 17% more calories were burned by men who consumed green tea regularly. It increases the fat burning rate both during the workout and rest periods. Also, consuming green tea regularly helps in curbing appetite also, so that you intake fewer calories.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms can be an excellent addition to your diet when you are trying to lose weight. They have fewer calories, no fat and are full of nutrients such as vitamin D, proteins, selenium, copper and fiber.
- Nuts and Seeds – Nuts and seeds contain healthy fats and are an excellent source of protein and fiber. They are the perfect options for snacking when you are on a weight loss journey. The fat in nuts and seeds is excellent for the heart and brain.
- Yogurt – You should also add yogurt to your diet as it contains proteins, carbs and good fats that curb your hunger. Also, it has natural probiotics that help in digestion. A study revealed that consuming 1100 mg of calcium in a day that includes yogurt intake leads to weight loss and belly fat loss.
Weight loss cannot happen overnight; you need to make certain changes in your lifestyle and diet to attain weight loss. However, by incorporating the above foods, you can certainly achieve a fit, toned and healthy body gradually, but surely.